This session will explore core financial inclusion challenges faced in China, their approach to tackle financial inclusion bottlenecks, results and lessons learned. Topics include how China has approached (i) regulating its Fintech marketplace including the evolution of digital payments in China, Fintech Lending, and the use of alternative data; (ii) strengthening financial inclusion for last mile unbanked populations, including assessing in depth the financial needs of China’s rural populations; and, (iii) consumer protection and how to continue to protect consumers in a cashless economy.
- Jennifer ChienSenior Financial Sector SpecialistWorld Bank Group
- Daryl CollinsFormer Managing Director and CEOBFA
- Peng DengResearch FellowChinese Academy of Financial Inclusion (CAFI)
- Rundong JiangSection Chief of Financial Consumer Protection BureauPeople’s Bank of China (PBoC)
- Lina ZhangDirector, Statistics Department,NIFA
- Weihua ZhangDirector, Payment & Settlement DepartmentPeople's Bank of China (PBoC)
This session will present the Digital ID Toolkit issued by the FIGI Digital ID Working Group which provides policy guidance and practical implementing approaches to regulatory authorities when adopting Digital ID strategies, reforms or deployment.